Discussion on Quora:
What are the best strategies to heal a broken heart?
Charles Franz,from Sweden hier his statement:
Interesting topic! Thank you for posting the question.
Here’s my contribution, from someone with fresh wounds:
– First off, feel your feelings fully.
– Breathe. That is not just a life extension tip. It seems to be crucial for most kinds of healing, as recognized across the globe. Technique doesn’t seem to matter as long as your breathing is smooth, deep and relaxed.
– Adjust your posture. Feelings seem to be, at least in part, state dependent. Change your posture, change your state.
– Broaden your perspective: This stunt can be made as a thought experiment, e.g. imagining watching yourself from the edge of the universe. Personally I like the more subtle approach of relaxing the eyes and becoming aware of more of ones field of vision. This is an ancient hawaiian method, sometimes referred to as hakalau, and on the scientific side of thing Les Fehmi has found lots of positively awesome things related to what he calls „open focus“.
– Put your hands on your heart and feel that area. The institute of heart math freely gives away the basics of this. If done correctly the changes are measurable within minutes.